Saturday

Slogans and Branding

Some of my friends have used generator sites to create Facebook banners, and after a while of seeing this I really wanted to make my own. It took a bit of finagling, so I looked up a tutorial, skipped to the info on sizing, then slapped some informative text onto one of my images and presto! Rockin' new banner.

 

Making a custom banner works on a personal Facebook profile, but it does not work on a Business or Fan page because the top-main images appear at random. So I made this to compensate:

KellieAnn Reynolds Photography
North Canton, Ohio 44720



While making the banner, I thought about Slogans for a minute and whether or not I even wanted one. What did I know about slogans? Well, slogans can be really generic, they can hurt your image if they suck, and they aren't always necessary. But if done right, slogans can be awesome, drive in customers, and make your business more memorable. Charlie Sheen's "Winning," while rather annoying, caught on pretty quick. Nike's "Do It" has been popular for decades. Apple wants you to "Think Different" even though all their products look the same.

Slogans aren't anything special by themselves. Anyone can come up with a slogan. I decided that if I couldn't come up with a good slogan in less than 5 minutes, I didn't really want or need one. But within 5 minutes, I had come up with two slogans, as you see in the image above. So, tell me what you think. Lame or cool?

I'll give an extra 10% off the already-reduced Portrait Sessions to the first [local] commenter who correctly identifies the inspiration used for the first slogan (in white text).

Thanks for stopping by!
♫ KellieAnn

3 comments:

  1. ROFL, well I think your banners are freaking awesome. Good work!

    I think I know the answer to your query, but since I'm not even close to being local to your area, I'll save it for some other lucky reader. 8)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog I like the record everything forget nothing. The til it goes click is a little non descript. I got it but it took me a minute it's ok. What's great is the banner education you gave me, is something I will use. thank you so much . Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very cool banner! I am interested. I will try this on my own when I have more time. Thank you for share!

    ReplyDelete

Anyone (even unregistered users) can leave a comment, so type away!

I look forward to hearing from you. Cheers! :)