Friday

Edlexus { Author Headshots } Akron, Ohio

Unmistakably, Edlexus is not afraid of life and she's not afraid to love. Life hasn't always been easy for her, or any of us, yet she has perservered and given back. And while there are many charming people, the unusual and yet far more pleasant virtue of sincerity is oftentimes rare if nothing else.



Edlexus just so happened to be working in Akron, Ohio on a day when Daniel walked into the shoppe to have his actor headshots printed. She really liked the photos and asked him who the photographer was and Daniel gave her one of my business cards. She sent me an email and we started brainstormin' about a shoot together. Edlexus wanted awesome photos created for the cover of her upcoming book, as well as for the Author Bio page, and her Ministry website, and she wanted me to do it!



Some interesting facts about the shoot: We did it at her apartment. I had never been to her place before so I had no idea what to expect other than we were planning to work against a white wall. The white wall turned out to be a short vaulted ceiling next to a window with limited natural light to pull from. This was okay, I knew I could still work with this. I brought in my studio light and we got to work. The seamless look turned out pretty great, and you can't even tell in the final images that the wall and ceiling connects, splits and curves behind her. :) Edlexus also had a fabulous orange couch and some cool curtains, which we used with various funky wardrobe changes. That's what I call improvisation! I love a challenge :) And I L-O-V-E, love these images of Edlexus. 


Isn't she beautiful?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone (even unregistered users) can leave a comment, so type away!

I look forward to hearing from you. Cheers! :)