Saturday

Introducing My Brand New Website!

www.KellieAnnReynolds.com

For the past few months, I've been thinking about how badly I want/need a photography website. To get my portfolio out there, drum up hype, gain clients, new friends, artistic adventure. I wanted a website for a lot of reasons.


So, back in August, I entered a random contest through ThePhotoArgus and Twitter, then quickly forgot about it. A few weeks later, when checking my emails, I saw that I had won free website hosting for a full year, plus other goodies! So I got right to it and built up my very own portfolio. Optimism pays. It really, really does.

Picking out shots was a very challenging process. I have done this before when printing for my book. It is no easy task. Sometimes I can tell right away when a shot is awesome, other times, I over-analyze things. Somewhere along the way, I got into a depressive slump. I cried. I started to feel like my work sucks, that I suck, and I need more practice. Well, of course I need more practice. I will always want to study through various resources. But I definitely do not suck. I've been working with my gear for a little over one year now. I know that I have so much ahead of me than to worry about yesterday or 6 months ago. But it is healthy, I believe, to go through past work and take a step back to see the accomplishments and the downfalls, and just work even harder at becoming better.

I have an insatiable desire to work-work-work, play-play-play. I am forever coming up with new ideas and keeping myself awake at night with a pen and paper, writing new stuff down. Some ideas take more time than others, and I have a few ongoing projects that I plan to release in the future. I implement my creativity and listen to others creative input. I set up photo shoots in my dining room and backyard for fun, at parks, downtown, the boondocks. I get my family and friends involved, too. I work with clients. I win some and I lose some. There is no doubt that I love what I do. Photography has opened so many doors for me, much more than any other profession I've had... and I'll rock any job you give me. Honest. But photography, now... photography has consumed me.

So, now I have a photography portfolio. For the first time ever, I finally have my own nook in the world wide web. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. The web is HUGE. But I am more excited than nervous. I am happy with the outcome of my website and my branding so far. My life and work is an on-going commitment. I love being able to do what I do. And I want to keep on keeping on. I hope all my friends out there can do what they want to do, and feel the happiness that I feel and that so many others feel. While I am not yet exactly where I want to be, I am heading in that direction!

www.KellieAnnReynolds.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone (even unregistered users) can leave a comment, so type away!

I look forward to hearing from you. Cheers! :)